Job Openings: Multiple Teller Positions Available
|Location of Position:||All Telco Branch Locations|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Days:||Part-Time and Full-Time Positions Available|
Provide basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union procedures.
This position promotes the mission, products and services of Telco Community Credit Union on a continuing basis to all members, volunteers, personnel, vendors and the community using behaviors, words and actions, consistent with our ALFA Standards of Excellence, Our Core Values and Our Connect Points.
Reports To: Branch Manager/Head teller
- Deliver quality member service to all members with whom credit union business is conducted. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members.
- Conduct interactions with Telco Community Credit Union team members and management in a positive manner with a focus on resolution to the issue/situation. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members in other branches and departments within Telco Community Credit Union.
- Display support of Telco Community Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Studies all Telco Community Credit Union written materials/Intranet Materials to develop a detailed knowledge of products, services, policies, procedures, and organizational philosophy.
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with established dress code policy.
- Regular and predictable attendance with unscheduled absences being minimal.
- Will keep all credit union member and employee related business in strictest confidence
Duties and Responsibilities
- Within established levels of authority, processes member’s financial transactions, resolves problems, and answers questions regarding all of Telco Community Credit Union’s products and services.
- Receives, inspects, and verifies cash and negotiable instruments for deposit.
- Provides members with and assist members in completing forms necessary to transact business at Telco Community Credit Union including STOP Payments, Debit and Credit Card transactions.
- Provide members with proper receipts for payments, etc.
- Respond to member’s requests, problems and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Receive information pertaining to member’s accounts and make necessary changes in computer system.
- Cross-sells appropriate products and services to benefit the member with knowledge of Telco Community Credit Union’s promotional offers, relationship status.
- Follows all cash, dual control, and daily work documentation procedures, to include balancing all work and cash drawer daily following guidelines in computer data system and use of calculator tape as dual control.
- Completes and turns in weekly supply and toner order for branch.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Participates in training classes and opportunities to continuously increase job knowledge and job performance, including completion of all assigned/required training as directed by supervisor/management.
- Represents the credit union in various credit union functions such as Annual Meeting, etc.
- Performs other assigned duties as needed in order to satisfy membership needs and discharge the business requirements of the credit union.
High school graduate and work experience in another credit union or banking institute desired. Need to possess team building and leadership skills.
- Requires the hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office business machines (calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.) and a personal computer.
- Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to endure long periods of sitting.
- Mobility to alternate between sitting, standing, and moving about the facilities.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
- Meet bondability, credit check and criminal background check requirements
This job description is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. It is designed to give the general nature and level of work to be performed by employee assigned to this job title. The duties and responsibilities for this position have been analyzed. On that basis, this position has been judged to be non-exempt.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit it along with a copy of your resume to Telco Community Credit Union in person or by mail to:
Telco Community Credit Union
Attn: HR Manager | Trainer
1137 Smokey Park Highway
Candler, NC 28715
Go to main navigation