2023 Telco Community Credit Union Scholarship
Telco is committed to giving back to the community and recognizes the importance of education and academic assistance.
Scholarships provide an opportunity for people to earn an education and pursue their dreams. Telco is proud to award six deserving high school students entering college with $1,000 scholarships for Fall 2023.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
In order to qualify for a scholarship, applicants must:
- A high school senior accepted or planning to be enrolled in an accredited college, community college or university in Fall 2023.
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or above on a 4-point (non-weighted) scale.
- Be a Telco Community Credit Union member in good standing. (Memberships of parents or other immediate family members do not qualify.)
Application Evaluation Criteria
Applicants are evaluated by the Telco Community Credit Unions Scholarship Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic ability - Applicants should provide school transcripts. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required to be eligible for scholarship funding.
- Demonstrated writing ability – Applicants must submit an essay on the topic listed in the application.
- School activities – Applicants should list all school activities and explain which activity is most important and why.
- Community activities – Applicants should list all community activities unrelated to school and explain which activity is most important and why.
This includes any work history, apprenticeship program or internship that may be applicable.
Scholarship applications are only available from Carolinas Credit Union Foundation portal. Please apply here.
October 1, 2022 – Online application opens
February 1, 2023 – Application closes
May 2023 – All winners and applicants are notified via the online portal
June 2023 – All winners are confirmed through the online portal using the online verification form
June – July 2023 – Checks are processed and distributed to attending schools
*Must be a Telco Community Credit Union member in good standing and must be a full-time student in the year for which they are applying for a scholarship.
**All application questions, communications, and distribution of funds are processed through Carolinas Credit Union Foundation. See Carolinas Credit Union Foundation for details. Federally Insured by NCUA.
To apply, students will use the online portal managed by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation. The Carolinas Credit Union Foundation manages all notifications relating to the Telco Community Credit Union Scholarship program.
Go to main navigation